Poll

Should 3am, 7 days a week tradeing be granted for Jimboomba Tavern

Yes
NO
Friday & Saturday ONLY
Leave as it is!

Author Topic: Jimboomba Country Taverns extended trade application  (Read 6464 times)

Offline ranger

• View Profile
Jimboomba Country Taverns extended trade application
« on: April 29, 2009, 11:18:33 AM »
If you object to the application submitted by MGW Hotels Pty Ltd you should befor 13 May write to:
Licensing Officer, Office of Liqour,Gaming and Racing
Queensland Treasury
PO Box 180
CITY EAST QLD

or by telephone on 07-32247131

Personally i think NOT. The application is for longer hours to sell over the bars and for take away.
There is no application for entertainment or meals ect so it can only be to target intoxicated patrons  to play more pokie machines. Like the name of the pub states JIMBOOMBA COUNTRY TAVERN not nite club or RSL. Do your part and keep our area safe and 3am venues in the districts that can support them with Police, Ambulances, Motels and Taxi's. 
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:40:11 AM by ranger »
It takes a Village to raise a child.

ciracuta

Re: Jimboomba Country Taverns extended trade application
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 06:17:33 PM »
Is this a case of absolute hypocrisy?  One set of rules here and a different set for you, elsewhere?

People that go to pubs, or taverns, and gamble if they feel like it are adults, too; and members of this site by their own choice, too, who do not need the likes of you speaking up for us in regards to what we do in our spare time or with our money. What gives you the right to call us intoxicated Patrons!!! 

Mind your own business and leave us to ours.

Especially, since intoxicated, or not, we can at least spell!

Offline ranger

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:03:19 AM »
Thanks you Rick i understand you only ment well and there is no need for me to harp on about an honest mistake. Cheers.
And Tapiuni its obvious you must have a degree in english and i appolagise for not useing my spell check unlike you. What else do people who spend time between 10am till 3am in the morning do at a tavern or pub? Drink liqour, oh of course not! I never said anybody shouldn't drink or for that matter go to the pub! I stated that we dont need our local pub open till 3am for drunks to get drunker then go out and cause havoc in our community and if thats what you in particular want to do well good for you! Be a drunk who doesnt know when enough is enough and when a buisness is takeing advantage of you in a less than responsible condition and has to depend on an honest barman to tell you youve had enough and its time to go home. I bet you not only spell really well drunk but i bet you drive just as well too! Oh by the way Tapiuni the NO's are leading the vote.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 12:39:35 AM by ranger »

ciracuta

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:55:09 PM »
Hooooohaaaa!!! rengar! :D
I bet you have a degree in Assumptions, which is why I bet the Tavern will get their license.  I also bet your driving is as good as your spelling, sober or not! By the way, I don't drink and I don't gamble either, but you do not have the right to decide what goes for me or anyone else, and that is in your own words.  And 2 to 1, is not much of an advantage. We shall see. Also, people that resort to insults to support their arguments are known to do so because they do not have a valid argument and they know they have already lost!!! ::)

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Local Internet
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 09:23:02 PM »

Personally i think NOT. The application is for longer hours to sell over the bars and for take away.
There is no application for entertainment or meals ect so it can only be to target intoxicated patrons  to play more pokie machines. Like the name of the pub states JIMBOOMBA COUNTRY TAVERN not nite club or RSL. Do your part and keep our area safe and 3am venues in the districts that can support them with Police, Ambulances, Motels and Taxi's. 

I don't think that's nice having a go at the RSL's. ;)

I just don't understand why the Jimboomba COUNTRY Tavern needs to be allowed to open till 3am 6 nights a week.

Even though they probably won't stay open till 3am for several years, the fact that they are requesting such late hours means they plan to open that late at some stage.

Personally if I want to go out clubbing/on the turps, I think I'd sooner go in to Brisbane City, but for something running that late, I'd sooner be at someone's property than in some dinky hotel that the tavern is.

Has the Logan Village pub gone in for the same licence deal too ?

Offline ranger

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 10:52:36 PM »
I wasn't pointing the finger at the RSL'S in a bad way but i am not leaveing them unmentioned as they do have one of the best support systems in place for their members and visitors with their own buses ect to get their visitors home safely. Also they are in an area wich can support them with a major Police Station,Ambulance,fire Brigade and motels on hand 24/7. Wich is exactly what is needed for venues with extended opperating hours to opperate with the communities safty in mind and they are the perfect example as to why we are not ready for such opperating times here in Jimboomba.The Greenbank RSL is one of the highest target spots for Police intercepting Drivers over the limit in the logan shire. And thats with courtesy buses made available.What chance would our locals have getting home from our local Tavern at 3am? Ever tried getting a Taxi at Jimboomba at 3am. Maybe walk home down Cossack Lane or Mt Lindsay Hwy or along Tamborine St. Our footpath systems arn't even in place. Perhapse if the suggested bikeway along the old rail line is built it might help a few. Honestly im all for progress but not if it will contribute to loss of life! Im sure the time will come,however look around! As quickly as our area has come ahead we arnt ready for this.

Offline ranger

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 11:07:45 PM »
Hooooohaaaa!!! rengar! :D
I bet you have a degree in Assumptions, which is why I bet the Tavern will get their license.  I also bet your driving is as good as your spelling, sober or not! By the way, I don't drink and I don't gamble either, but you do not have the right to decide what goes for me or anyone else, and that is in your own words.  And 2 to 1, is not much of an advantage. We shall see. Also, people that resort to insults to support their arguments are known to do so because they do not have a valid argument and they know they have already lost!!! ::)

Tupiuni im sorry if you think i have resorted to insults and assumptions but i would like to invite you to come to work with me. Then tell me what you think! I work the grave yard shift as a wardsman at the
Prince Charles Hospital. Please come along and see for yourself what our Doctors and Nurses get to put back together on a nightly basis. Then you tell me im assumeing or imagineing things!!!!!!!!! Any time freind email me.

Offline ranger

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 03:08:41 PM »
Well well its been 120 days since i was last here and It has started. Jimboomba Times Magazine Police Beat....Police have been called to the Tavern due to PATRONS DRUNK AND WONT LEAVE THE BAR WHEN TOLD BY STAFF...Well look at what the police now have to deal with! 3 seperate patrons on 3 seperats accasions!! This is going to be a topic that will get more and more use. Shame people now have to be charged and live with a record of being a drunk for the rest of their lives because they just went down the local for a quiet few beers. Proves you might speak for yourself when you state all the reasons given here earlier but as for the next bloke. One must these days assume the worst because some arse will always come along and prove you right.Its only a matter of time...

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Local Internet
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »
It was always to be expected that we'd see police intervention when a hotel extends its trading hours.

Unfortunately there are many people who don't know when enough is enough, and for whom alcohol is Jekkyl and Hyde potion for them. Most don't have a problem, but the ones that do create issues for the rest to deal with. :(

I'm surprised the tavern hasn't gone overboard publicising how wonderful they are for that person who won that big Keno prize the other week.