Author Topic: Local Bands or Musos  (Read 7480 times)

Offline jbwheele

• View Profile
Local Bands or Musos
« on: July 11, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
Gday I am thinking of moving to Jimboomba with my family in the next couple of years, My Wife and I are both self employed (medical and allied health) so jobs wont be a problem, however I am a keen Muso and currently play Drums in a Cover band gigging most weekends I also play bass and guitar and sing. What Is the Music scene like there? ccccI know its not far to gigs in Brissy but are there any musos up to gigging standard in Jimboomba area?

Cheers   

Joe

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Local Internet
Re: Local Bands or Musos
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 05:15:30 PM »
Surprisingly no response to your post, but Jimboomba Tavern don't have bands playing there yet, and the Logan Village hotel does have music, albeit not live.

Then there's the pubs down in Beaudesert you could try, as I'm sure they have live music. A bit further afield you have places like Beenleigh and Browns Plains. All of these places are a fairly easy 15 minute or so drive away from Jimboomba.

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:16:41 AM »
At The Mustering Yard Bar and Grill, in the Colonial Village - Jimboomba - David Dwyer entertains live every Sunday evening + the food is great.
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 08:21:43 PM »
So jbwheelee! what has become of you?  still coming to J'boommba?
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein

super-rugged