Author Topic: QEII Jubilee Hospital.  (Read 6324 times)

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
QEII Jubilee Hospital.
« on: October 31, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »
Going into hospital for major surgery is not everyone’s choice for a destination, but thank goodness they are there when you need them.  I have just come home after major surgery with some undesired complications.  So, I want to extend my gratitude and admiration to all the staff at QEII Jubilee Hospital for their kindness, care and unbelievable attitude.  From the Surgeons and the theatre teams, the clinics, the outpatients desks, the nursing staff, the students from Griffith University, to the tea ladies, cleaners and so many more people that make the system work, and work it does.  All of whom continuously go the extra mile to show care, compassion and provide comfort in difficult times, whilst doing their jobs to the best of their ability.
I also have to admire their strength and attitude in the face of adversity when dealing with rude and horrid patients that seem to believe they have a right to be insulting and aggressive just because they are sick.
Thank you QEII!  Thank you for your smiles.
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Local Internet
Re: QEII Jubilee Hospital.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 10:47:01 AM »
So often do we hear of the bad things about the Queensland Medical service, that we rarely hear of the good people that work behind the scenes there.

Whilst mum was in hospital for a TKR, she talked about how lovely the people were to her. Sadly one there was one 'bad apple' in that bunch that ruined it for everyone else. So when the talk comes up about how bad the hospital system has gone in Queensland, that one nurse always gets mentioned. At least with my mum, she always follows it up with how wonderful the rest of the hospital staff were to her.

The best thing with you writing this is that we know that you've successfully got through your major surgery and are well on the road to recovery.

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
Re: QEII Jubilee Hospital.
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 02:57:16 PM »
UH? ???
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein

super-rugged