Author Topic: 390 members registered!!How many are actually from Jimboomba??????  (Read 21811 times)

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Local Internet
Now that'd be a great idea, unfortunately most of the new signups here have simply been people wanting to spam the forums from places like Pakistan and Indonesia. :(

It's just a shame that more people aren't interested in having their say in here... at least they can get their say here in a timely manner, unlike certain newspapers advertising papers, that get selective with what they publish. ;)

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
Current membership seems to stand at 73.  I did notice some obnoxious spammers come up, but they were quickly removed (by administration) which I really appreciate.

However, more importantly, how many of the 73 bother to view the site?
My guess is about a dozen.  Even less to post or reply.  Our local area is said to boast a population of 6000+, which does not say much for local loyalty, or interest.  Maybe it is because too few know about it.  In which case, word of mouth promotion by members might be a solution to improved interest and thought provoking postings.

Have a go at it.
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Local Internet
Re: 390 members registered!!How many are actually from Jimboomba??????
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »
Current membership seems to stand at 73.  I did notice some obnoxious spammers come up, but they were quickly removed (by administration) which I really appreciate.

However, more importantly, how many of the 73 bother to view the site?
My guess is about a dozen.  Even less to post or reply.  Our local area is said to boast a population of 6000+, which does not say much for local loyalty, or interest.  Maybe it is because too few know about it.  In which case, word of mouth promotion by members might be a solution to improved interest and thought provoking postings.

Have a go at it.

That 73 or so member numbers does fluctuate, as there are a number in there that do look suspect, but have not done anything wrong yet. Some forums leave those 'members' on in their database in order to claim high memberships, when that 'member' never comes back.

It'd be a great idea if we could all let everyone know that the greater Jimboomba community has an online forum, a forum that they can use to have their say in a timely manner, unlike 'letter to the editor' in 'local newspapers', which sadly don't always get published, or even 'edited to fit' , and sometimes appear weeks later long after people have lost interest in the topic.

I've had it mentioned to me from time to time that "there's nothing here", as to why people don't use the forum... all I can say to that is what comes first, the horse or the cart ?? :)  big things start as small things that have grown over time.

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
Re: 390 members registered!! How many are actually from Jimboomba??????
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2011, 04:05:46 PM »
Minus 1 local, Me!  Regrettably, as from July 4 there will be one less local member and 3 less families.  Our family began moving here in 1998, and I moved here in late 2007.  We love this place and it has earned a permanent place in our hearts, but circumstances don't always play out the way we wish.  We have made many friends here and will be visiting as often as we are able to, in he meantime all the best to everyone on this forum and in the local area.
Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment.  Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions.
    Albert Einstein

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Local Internet
Re: 390 members registered!! How many are actually from Jimboomba??????
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »
Minus 1 local, Me!  Regrettably, as from July 4 there will be one less local member and 3 less families.  Our family began moving here in 1998, and I moved here in late 2007.  We love this place and it has earned a permanent place in our hearts, but circumstances don't always play out the way we wish.  We have made many friends here and will be visiting as often as we are able to, in he meantime all the best to everyone on this forum and in the local area.

Wow, that's a bit of news for us.

All the best for your future and hope you can keep in touch.

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 09:20:19 AM »
Still in touch though living in Glenfield - NSW, now, but visit relatives in Jimboomba regularly.
    Albert Einstein

Offline bpratt

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Local Internet
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2011, 02:39:53 PM »
Still in touch though living in Glenfield - NSW, now, but visit relatives in Jimboomba regularly.

Now that'd be a bit of a drive everytime. ;)

Offline Beefeater

• BEEFEATER
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2011, 08:18:25 PM »
Quite used to it.  Do it about every six to eight weeks for the last six years or so, with half the family and grandkids in each state it is the way of things.  I have to admit I love driving, too, so I will enjoy as much of it as possible while I still canů
    Albert Einstein

super-rugged